• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 21 - Organizer loads but "Editor loading" indication fades afer a few minutes.

New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded a trial of Elements 21. The "ideas" page opens and the Organizer loads correctly. On initiating the editor, a single line advises that it is loading but disappears after several minutes - then nothing. On a couple of occasions the Editor screen appears some considerable time later - not timed but guessing at 5-10 minutes. Elements 21 is shown running on Task Manager with 240MB of memory used.

I only loaded the trial because my perfectly useable Elements 11 suddenly stopped loading recently. An Adobe crash advice note has come up once for 21 - I completed the details section and returned it.

Anyone have any ideas for solution?  Unlikely to stick with Elements at this rate.

Any suggestions of an alternative, reliable, one-off purchase software for amateur photo editing?

Using Win10 20H2 on a 12 month old computer, Ryzen 5 2600 3400 Mhz, 8Mb

TOPICS
Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This fault has suddenly cleared amd Elements 21 Editor loaded almost instantly. My old Elements 11 also operates normally.

On switching on the computer this morning I was advised that an update was being loaded - even though yesterday I froze Win10 updates to avoid yet another round of problems with the printer/scanner and scanner.

For interest - any ideas why? I'm no IT boffin but it does rather point at Win10. Perhaps Adobe can use their clout to make Microsoft take these problems more seriously and appreciate how much bad feeling they are creating in the community with this and their bullying: I can't use my email address because "it is a work or school address" - it isn't, it's mine, at home! Security gone mad - I don't want or need a security code on my desktop home computer but I have no choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines