• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop elements 4.0 "attempt to access an invalid address"

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using my installed copy of PE4.0 for a while now, including up to yesterday. Now when I click on the icon to enter the program, or go to the program file and try to open it I receive an error message stating "attempt to access an invalid address." Not sure what happened between today and yesterday to cause this, but I would really like to know how to fix. I was going to re-install my discs but so far not finding where I have stashed them. The program was so reliable up until this morning, I didn't think I would need to find them on such short notice!! Was in the middle of some designs and now I cannot do anything. The odd thing is the bundled Premiere Studio 4.0 opens just fine. Any help would be urgently needed!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kerrip61416359  wrote

I've been using my installed copy of PE4.0 for a while now, including up to yesterday. Now when I click on the icon to enter the program, or go to the program file and try to open it I receive an error message stating "attempt to access an invalid address." Not sure what happened between today and yesterday to cause this, but I would really like to know how to fix. I was going to re-install my discs but so far not finding where I have stashed them. The program was so reliable up until this morning, I didn't think I would need to find them on such short notice!! Was in the middle of some designs and now I cannot do anything. The odd thing is the bundled Premiere Studio 4.0 opens just fine. Any help would be urgently needed!

Elements is a very old version. It was not built to work with drives or partitions above 1 Gbytes.

What is the size of the drive containing your Elements program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes absolutely no sense. I've had it for years and any machine it has been installed on has been an art/photo computers with huge storage drives - this one being the same drive it has been on for at least 8 years or more. I've never heard of any program that had a limitation, in fact, I had to upgrade drives to accommodate the huge ps files generated when editing large images. I purchased Elements because our work computers used it and I fell in love with it, and it was housed on a huge server there. And as far as it being a very old version, I tried the new one out and nothing is in the place that I need it to be, all the icons are different and I did not like it at all - plus I need for the program to be installed, and not on a "cloud."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: Located my disc pack, uninstalled and re-installed. Fixed the issue. So if anyone else has this problem, that seemed to work. Crossing fingers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry it did not work for you then. Mine worked fine - up until today after that last reinstall. - I just want a one time purchased program, not a subscription, or a network or a whatever. Time to go look for something else to use... I guess paint still works. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines