• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 64 bit vs 32 bit

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a PSE 14 user. I work on a iMac and a PC. I have MANY 32 bit programs on my iMac that I am not willing to lose so I am pretty stuck with my elements version. I do not plan to upgrade my iMac operating system Is there any solution for those of us out here in my position? Still happy with ElCapitain

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for starting a new discussion. I am not a Mac user, so wait a little for Mac experts to help you (they may be less active on week-ends...) In the mean time, have a look at various discussions on this subject listed on the right part of the present display. Also please state what are the issues requiring 'solutions'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think stay as you are if you can do everything you wish. I’m keeping my OS on Mojave and while all of my Adobe apps are 64 bit I still use some third party plug-ins which are 32 bit and which I’m not yet ready to replace. It’s of course a good idea to keep MacOS current to take advantage of the latest Apple security features but I will hold off for a while until I’m ready to purchase new software to replace the 32 bit apps. If I ever buy a new Mac it will automatically come with the latest OS.

PSE 2020 will run on Catalina but even so, there are a few issues – see link below. It’s worth remembering that Catalina is only recently out of beta so other problems may yet emerge.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/macos-catalina-compatibility.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for responding. It is so frustrating that the software designers don't seem to care about those of us who continue to use older programs with success. I still use Picassa for batch editing ALL the time and it is 32 bit. Also my Office program is 32 bit and I do not want to spend money for a new program when this works fine. Too bad that I cannot use the upgrades Adobe offers because they do not respect those of us who cannot or donot want to upgrade to new operating systems.

(SAD EMOJI HERE)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines