• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop elements 8 incompatible with windows 10 error 6

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10 version 1909, I imported the photoshop elements 8 folder from an external hard drive to my programs folder in disc C, but when I try to run it, I get an error 6 message.  How can I fix this?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply copying program files from one computer to another does not install the program.  You need to have your original installation disks or download files and use those to install on the new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did click on the installation file, which eventually led to the Error 6
message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I did click on the .exe installation file, which eventually led to the Error 6 message.  I also tried troubleshooting compatibility which led nowhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As PSE 8 isn't supported under Windows 10, there's no way to know if this will help or not without giving it a try.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/photoshop-elements-installation-errors-exit-codes-6-7....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Phinny, but that sounds very complex.  Since I need this program for my work, I think I'd better fork out and buy it.  From what I've been reading online, P E 8 will not work on Windows 10 without a lot of problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines