• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 8 transferring to a new pc

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My old desktop is o the brink to collapse. I'am trying to transfer my PE 8 Editor to a laptop, but I receveive the answer  'error PE 147:20'

I don't have my keycode anymore.

Although I have also Photoshop Elements 2021, I still want to use my PE 8 as I am using it still frequently. What is the best way to transfer the program to my laptop?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way. Those programs are simply too old and unsupported. You can no longer activate them.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I regret not being able to use my perfect PE 8 wich was my handyman tool.

Opagrijzepanter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Since your question is about Photoshop Elements, I have moved this from the Photoshop forum where you posted to PSE.

Here is purchasing information for the current version if you decide to upgrade:

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to @hatstead 's reply, you will also need to install Photoshop Elements 8 on your laptop from the original product DVD - it sounds like you are simply copying some of the Photoshop Elements 8 files from your desktop to your laptop, hence the error message that you are getting.

If you do not have a DVD drive on your laptop, you can use your desktop machine to transfer all the files from the DVD to an external USB drive, and install the software from there.

Your Photoshop Elements 8 serial number should be printed on the back of your DVD sleeve which solves your other problem 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OP stated that he does not have the serial number at hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you registered PSEv.8 with Adobe at the time of purchase, you should be able to retrieve the serial number.

PSEv.8 works with the Windows 10 operating system. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines