• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 8

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My old Macbook died and I am unable to download the this program onto my new Macbook.   I have the original disc but it will not let me install it.  All I get is "The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information."  Is there anything I can do? 

TOPICS
Download and install , How to , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post in the Photoshop Elements forum (this is the Photoshop forum):
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/bd-p/photoshop-elements?page=1&sort=latest_replies...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your program is 32-bit and new Macs cannot use 32-bit software. You'll have to buy a newer version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My old Macbook died and I am unable to download this program onto my new Macbook.   I have the original disc but it will not let me install it.  All I get is "The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information."  Is there anything I can do? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to roll back to an earlier version of your Mac operating system in order to install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not IT expert. How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You won't be able to run an old system on a new Mac. When you chose to buy a new Mac you also chose that you'd need to buy all new apps for it, Apple consider the old ones something to block. Part of the Joy of Mac is always having the latest apps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as i know. macOS Mojave 10.14 is the last mac os that photoshop elements 8 will work on. Unfortunately, for better or worse, usually one cannot install an operating system older than what a mac shipped with from the factory. Chances are your new mac has either Catalina or Big Sur, neither of which pse 8 is compatible with since Apple removed the ability for those operating systems to run 32 bit applications like photoshop elements 8.

Your easiest option is to get photoshop elements 2021 which is compatible with new macs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines