• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 9 64 bit

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Photoshop Elements 9 and Premiere Elements 9 about ten years ago, installed from DVD's onto my Mac and they have been there ever since.  I have now purchased a new Mac with Apple silicon chip, restored a backup from the previous Mac and Elements 9 will not run as it is apparently a 32 bit program.

Is there any way to download a 64 bit versionw of Photoshop Elements 9 and Premier Elements 9, or is it possible to re-install from the DVD's as 64 bit versions?  I don't see anything on the box to indicate if it is 32 bit only or if the DVD's also contain 64 bit versions.

From what I can tell, only the current and previous (2021 and 2020) versions are available for download.

TOPICS
Download and install , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you are running either Catalina or Big Sur on your Mac.  If so, you will need to upgrade Elements.  These 64 bit OS versions are only compatible with Elements 2020 and 2021.  Earlier versions of Elements will not run on these newer OS computers.  Also, be aware that there are still some compatibility problems running Big Sur.   See this article for details.

(And while Elements 2020 and 2021 are available for download from Adobe's support site, you can only purchase Elements 2021 from Adobe.  Elements 2020 may still be available from online retailers.)

Added:  And just to clarify, you can also purchase Elements 2021 from other retailers. But Adobe is currently running a 30% discount for all users.  So you may want to grab that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Greg_S.  Just finished chatting with Adobe, there is not a 64 bit version of Elements 9.  Too bad Apple took 32 bit away.  Maybe they will give it back if there is enough outcry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new Mac requires all brand new software, you need to buy EVERYTHING again if it's more than a couple of years old. It's all part of the Joy Of Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In a couple of years, by the way, On M1 computers, Apple will do it all again: you will need all new apps (which don't exist yet).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines