• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 9 - Apple High Sierra

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a slightly older iMac (2011) but it still works well. It was slowing down a bit so I recently downloaded Apple's High Sierra OS. I have been using Photoshop Elements 9 for several years with no problems in the old OS but on editing photos now, although I can do all the normal cropping, enhancing etc, when I come to add "File Info", which is essential for my needs, and I click on "OK" Elements closes down completely, with a fault message to notify Apple.

Any suggestions as to how to overcome this would be appreciated.

Jim C

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

As Photoshop Elements 9 is crashing on macOS High Sierra, it might be happening because Photoshop Elements 9 is only compatible with macOS v10.5.8 through v10.6.

Please check here to know more: Photoshop Elements system requirements
I would suggest you to upgrade to a more recent version of Photoshop Elements.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a common problem with software for mac, since apple drops or changes code from newer

versions of the os that older software may have relied on to work.

That happens with all software, just not adobe software and apple expects users just to upgrade their software to newer versions compatible with newer operating systems. Unfortunately, neither apple or adobe is going to fix problems in older software, since there are already newer versions that work.

In a nutshell the easiest solution is to get photoshop elements 2019 or go back to your old mac operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines