Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 9 bugged after Windows 10 creators update

Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me first start with complaining about the shitty idea it is to put people who buy "just" one product in the forum section when they have an issue. I care less and less for companies that treat their products and customers differently, and i wish they stopped thinking that this is the way for me to buy a new product from Adobe.

My issue is the one stated in the title. My Photoshop elements 9 has stopped working as a result of the latest creators update to windows 10. I have tried updating it by clicking on the menu by chance and luck, i failed to download and was prompted to ask for help since my serial number apparantly isn't working eiter. Now after waiting a while and re-installing, trying a re-install again on the X86 folder on a drive that is less than 1 TB on administrator and it STILL does not work! The menu icons are just gone, even in the program itself it is gone, i can't do any editing at all because when i chose from the side menus or the scroll down menus nothing appears!

So my question is, can you help me with this? And if this doesn't work then will you issue me a newer working issue that doesn't cost me a sum every month?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very old program + very new operating system = problems

Owners of old programs simply have problems with Windows 10... none of which is Adobe's fault... Adobe did not change your old program to make it stop working... Microsoft changed their operating system and THAT is why your old program won't work, not because of anything Adobe did... Also... every time Microsoft issues a Win10 update, there is the risk that an old program that HAS been working after the initial Win10 upgrade will STOP working... bottom line, old programs require a matching old operating system

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10

-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window

-or Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL Windows permissions may help... says Encore, but sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account)

Version 15 is 64bit only for both Photoshop E and Premiere E

Buying version 15 is 64bit only http://www.adobe.com/in/products/photoshop-premiere-elements.html

Buying Elements online is for ONE platform https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2245264

-be VERY SURE you select the Mac or Windows version that you need for your computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, well yes sure, i know that new things happen and then the product developers usually create updates to ensure that their products keep working. As for buying new products, i don't have that kind of cash just laying around, that is part of why i am here. Now i have tried to do everything you have said up there, but it did nothing to eleviate my issue. I have to use this program for my work, and it is critical that it actually functions.

So if you say that my only option is to buy a new product, because of, not installing the operating system, but downloading an update on windows, then no, i am not satisfied. Does Adobe have noe responcibility towards communicating with Windows and making sure their programs are compatible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got mine to work and here is how with Windows 10:

1. Press Windows Start button + R
2. Type in fonts and press OK

3. Click on font settings (my computer has it highlighted in blue)

4. Make sure "Hide ffonts based on language settings" and Allow fonts to be installed using a shortcut(advanced)" are both checked.

5. Restart and you are done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried your suggestion to reload the fonts and it did not correct the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The funny thing is it did work for me... until today. *mutters*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever resolve this issue.  I am able to load adobe photoshop elements in widnows 10 although it will the full image does not come up only a pixilated image no detail and can not use. Must still use this program on Windows 7 computer and transfer images.  I was able to get Adobe photoshop CS to work on windows 10 by changing the display ratio on laptop but I prefer the older software for my needs, much easier to use. 

Simone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines