Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements !9

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have Photoshop Elements 19 installed on my iMac running Mojave,was all working ok until Adobe last update, and now I can not use Editor,I can see all my phots in Orgainzer and open them but not in Editor,Comes up with message files are locked and I don't have permission,and to unlock I need to go into Finder to unlock files but can't seem to find this, would anybody have any ideas how to rectify this problem,Have tried ringing Adobe Support but cannot get trough

Many Thanks

Mick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mick

Try checking permissions by navigating to the Editor app.

Applications >> Adobe >> Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019 >> Support Files

Inside the Support Files Folder highlight Photoshop Elements Editor.app and press cmd+I to open the info dialog. At the bottom check that everyone has read & write privileges. You can click the lock icon if changes are needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for getting back to me,not sure if it’s me but when I click on the Editor app the editor desktop opens showing quick guiuded expert panel I can’t see

where to go to find Application Adobe to continue is there something else I should be clicking on

mick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to navigate the folder path from Finder:

Macintosh HD >> Applications >> Adobe >> Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019 >> Support Files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mick,

Has your issue been resolved? If not, please post a screenshot of the error message. This would help us in addressing your issue in a better manner.

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

dont seem to be getting message now what I Done was delete a few of my albums and then tried to reimport them,but not I get Media files were skipped because they are either already present in the catalog or not supported how can I get them back from Catalog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If files are already in the catalog deleting from an album makes no difference. Albums simply point to a file like playlists in iTunes point to a song. So you can have the same photo in several albums; Organizer simply makes the links.

To find your photos press Ctrl+F and in the search box try searching for a file name.

Or bring up the time line (Ctrl+L) and browse by date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

many thanks for all your help have managed to get photos back and able to work with them now in Editor

Regards

Muck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

when I try to back up my Catalogs I get message saying

error encountered while writing files

/Users/mickmcinerney/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Elements Organizer/Catalogs/My Catalog/catalog.pse17db

any idea what I need to do here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you using an external hard drive? Ensure the drive or folder has read & write permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines