• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements & Premier Elements 2020 New User

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From reading many posts on this community site, I first should say, I am not nearly as experienced as you all.  My needs are simple - I want to make a really good slideshow using short video clips, but mostly photos.  I mostly make videos of vacation trips.  I previously used Photodex ProShow Gold and loved all the creative features; however it appears Photodex is no longer in business.  I have been looking at the Photoshop Elements and Premier Elements 2020 bundle  - perpetual license.  Do I understand that Photoshop Elements is for photo editing only? And Photoshop Premier Elements 2020 is for video making?  I have looked at dozens of the help videos but I am not sure this is a program I can easily use - I do plan on getting the free trial and maybe that will answer my concerns.  I like doing transitions, text, music and special effects like composite photos on one slide but it is this feature that I cannot find any information on.  This was all very intuitive on ProShow Gold and it looks more complex on Photoshop.  I use Windows 10 Home 1903.  Sorry this is so lengthy.  I would appreciate your comments.  Thank you very much.

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thet are commumity for those products.  Users there use the  applications you looking at Photoshop and Premier Pro have more features and less help for new users than the Element products. Users here do not know which features Element products lack.  Element users can provide better information than we can they know what features Element products have.

photoshop elements

premiere elements  

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Photoshop Elements forum from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, a 30 day free trial is probably your best bet.  Regarding slideshow questions, you may find this overview video helpful too.  It demonstrates Premiere 2019 transitions, text, special effects features, etc without wasting a lot time.  Yes, Photoshop Elements is a photo editor.  Both products Black Friday priced (40% off) until Nov 29.  Bundled price $89.99.

https://hooktube.com/watch?v=lXG1xcbOxLc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements each come with the Organizer which is a media database/library for all of your photos and videos.  The Organizer has a slideshow creator which has a number of templates for creating simple slideshows (which can contain both photos and video clips). You can chose which photos and videos (and portions of video clips) are contained within the slideshow, and can select the background music, but there are only about 6 themes for the slideshow and you cannot edit the behavior of individual slides within the theme.  The titles and captions for the slideshow are also somewhat limited.  In other words, this feature is nowhere near the Photodex products.  (Where did you get the idea that this company is out of business?)

Premiere Elements, on the other hand, can create a fully customizable slideshow containing both photos and video clips.  There are many whiz-bang transitions, and all of the other features that you have used in your slideshows, including video collages.  But there will be a bit of a learning curve for you. 

Both Elements programs also have auto-creation features which will create slideshows and video collages from your media without any intervention by you.  You can take these auto-creations and edit them yourself or include them in your own creations.

You can download a 30 day free trial of Photoshop Elements here, and Premiere Elements here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got the idea that this company is out of business from the Adobe Support Community>The Lounge. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/the-lounge/heads-up-if-you-use-photodex-proshow-software-company-basi...

quite a few comments that make me leary of doing business with Photodex.  I have downloaded the Premier Elements and I am trudging through but as I suspected, it is not as intuitive as Photodex.. It  has more features than I need or understand.  But I will continue to experiment.   I am also going to load Photodex from a friend's disc onto a spare computer with Windows 8 and see what happens.  Thanks for comments from everyone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines