• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements and Photoshop Premier Elements reverted to Trial Version.

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Adobe Photoshop Elements and Premier Elements for years (fully licensed). I currently am on "Elements 2018".

The problem is that when I start either of those two programs now (on my Win10 PC), a message appears saying I am on the "Trial Version" and that I must sign in to Adobe to get my "30 Day Free Trial" software to work.

I've made no system changes to my PC recently. I've not installed any other programs at all and have done nothing with Elements and Premier Elements other than to use them normally.

It's soooo frustraiting that Adobe seems to have no direct way to file a help ticket.

Does anyone know the solution to this?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Maybe you signed-out accidentally? This can happen if using more than one PC.  Click sign-in and then click the button “licence this software” re-enter your 24 digit serial number and everything should be OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Photoshop Elements forum from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks...

Like many of us use who only use "Photoshop" or "Photoshop Elements" without needing to be concerned about the difference, it's not immediately obvious which forum to use.

There are so many versions of software out there, even coming from the same company (e.g. Adobe) that keeping track of what we are using can become a full-time job.

I am glad there are some watchdogs out there like you who can send us in the correct direction.Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you signed-out accidentally? This can happen if using more than one PC.  Click sign-in and then click the button “licence this software” re-enter your 24 digit serial number and everything should be OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 99Jon,

No, I did not "sign out accidentally". I didn't "sign out" of anything. I only was opening Photoshop Elements like I had done a thousand times before (OK... My mother "told me a million times not to exagerate"... hee hee). But somehow Adobe interpreted that as having happened.

It would have been soooo much easier had there been a short clarification on the page asking me to login to the effect that "If your licensed version reverted to a trial version, please continue to login and re-enter your 24-digit serial number". But no... I had to go into at least a half day of "down time" in figuring out how in the heck to resolve this issue. That includes filing a thred in this forum and (ultimately) contacting Adobe customer support (who gave me the "solution" you suggested). A simple message on the pop-up message would have solved the problem in minutes. I guess to do so would have somehow implied that Adobe products are not perfect. We couldn't have that, could we?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes. I don't work for Adobe I'm just another customer like yourself who volunteers to help others. But I agree maybe a clearer message would help. Glad you got it working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just had this same issue with Photoshop Elements 12.  I think it may have been casued by changing a password.  Anyway, the solution above worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines