Highlighted

Photoshop Elements brushes

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just purchased Photoshop Elements and want to increase my brush library. The abr files are fine but the tpl files are a problem as they don't load. The full CC package I believe doesn't have a problem loading tpl brushes but the slim lined Elements doesn't possess tool presets? Can anyone help?

TOPICS
New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop Elements brushes

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just purchased Photoshop Elements and want to increase my brush library. The abr files are fine but the tpl files are a problem as they don't load. The full CC package I believe doesn't have a problem loading tpl brushes but the slim lined Elements doesn't possess tool presets? Can anyone help?

TOPICS
New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 18, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Photoshop Elements forum from Get Started

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have an artistic bone in my body so really don't know the answer to your question.  However, I poked around and found that the CC preset manager accepts tpl files but the Elements preset manager does not.  (If it does, I couldn't find it.)  I also learned that a tpl file is a tool preset file, not strictly a brushes file.  So, I'm guessing that this is one of the features that the "slim lined" Elements does not possess.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2019 1
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, yeah I’m starting to realise the limitations of Elements.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2019 0