• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements constantly crashing

New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to PSE 2020. I had to wait to use it while Dell made and shipped me my new XPS17 2TB, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX (TM) 2060 6GB, 10th gen i7-10875H. I bought the fasted laptop I could afford in hopes it would make running PSE manageable. My previous PSE9 and old laptop were very frustrating. I am not a pro but have a large catalog of photos that I had hoped PSE2020 could handle. All I'm trying to do is get all my photos in one place and do some minor editing.

I can't perform any functions without PSE constantly crashing. Any tips appreciated. I am trying to back up the catalog so I can do a complete re-install but that isn't working. I think I may have to start from scratch! I have wasted several weeks on this install and catalog build. Anyone have other photo catalog/editing programs to suggest. I have lost all faith in Adobe. What a shame as this was my a very useful program many years ago.

What a colossal waste of money (not just the software but I bought the laptop so it would run PSE easily. It does not work!)

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Photoshop Elements forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off the media analysis in the Organizer while you are editing your photos.  Go to the Organizer and in the Edit>Preferences>Media Analysis tab, uncheck all the boxes.  Reboot and the programs will become more responsive. If you want to take advantage of the newer media analysis features, turn the Media Analysis back on and leave the computer running overnight. Depending on the size of your catalog, the analysis can take many days and even weeks to complete. 

How many photos and videos do you have in your catalog?  With that information, I may be able to give you a better idea of how long the analysis will take.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Greg. I have turned off all automated functions including the media analysis. I have just over 50K images in my catalog. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My guess is that it will take 2 to 3 days for your computer, running 24 hours per day, to complete the face recognition. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines