Highlighted

Photoshop Elements: Don'rt have permission to write to this location

Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I selected all images to back up to a dvd. In the box that asks for destination I clicked os (D ). A message came up telling me I did not have permission to access that location. Why? It is my computer. I should be able to go anywhere I want. Why did I get this message. ( I then clicked on destination F which was the right thing to do after all, my images were recorded to the disc. But why Do I not have permission to get into my computer. awhatgoes.jpg

Message was edited by: Akash Sharma

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop Elements: Don'rt have permission to write to this location

Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I selected all images to back up to a dvd. In the box that asks for destination I clicked os (D ). A message came up telling me I did not have permission to access that location. Why? It is my computer. I should be able to go anywhere I want. Why did I get this message. ( I then clicked on destination F which was the right thing to do after all, my images were recorded to the disc. But why Do I not have permission to get into my computer. awhatgoes.jpg

Message was edited by: Akash Sharma

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 11, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look here:

windows+permissions

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2019 1
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you but I have not been able to correct the problem yet.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you're getting an error message saying you do not enough permissions to save on your D drive using Photoshop Elements Organizer. Let us help make this right.

Which version of Photoshop Elements are you using?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you but in doing some reading on your link provided, I was not able to do anything. I was supposed to search for PE then select properties, click security, etc. The problem is that I could not find anywhere to get "properties" to show up on the screen so could not proceed.   I am using PE 14 on windows 10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know it it will work, I am not going to waste a dvd to find out, but I just went into PE by typing PE in the search box. PE came  up with choices and I chose to open PE as Administrator. I then went to select a few images in the organizer and proceeded to copy to a dvd. I chose os (d) destination   AND I THINK IT IS GOING TO LET ME DO IT.  Maybe that's the answer. just log into PE as administrator instead of clicking on the short cut icon on the windows screen?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2019 0
Peru Bob LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thisisirrational  wrote

I am not going to waste a dvd to find out,

Use a rewritable disc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2019 0