Highlighted

Photoshop Elements Editor not opening

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently downloaded Elements 21 and it was working fine, but now when I click to open the Elements Editor, it will not load. I tried reinstalling the software and that doesn't work. I'm on a Mac which is up to date. Any suggestions?

Correct answer by Carolyn5ECF | Community Beginner

Thank you Bob, good suggestion.

I clicked on System Preferences, then Security and Privacy, then Click on Lock to make changes, then Full Disk Access. Then I checked the boxes for Adobe Elements 2021 and Adobe Elements 2021 Organizer. Finally, I clicked on the lock again to prevent further changes.

TOPICS
Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop Elements Editor not opening

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently downloaded Elements 21 and it was working fine, but now when I click to open the Elements Editor, it will not load. I tried reinstalling the software and that doesn't work. I'm on a Mac which is up to date. Any suggestions?

Correct answer by Carolyn5ECF | Community Beginner

I clicked on System Preferences, then Security and Privacy, then Click on Lock to make changes, then Full Disk Access. Then I checked the boxes for Adobe Elements 2021 and Adobe Elements 2021 Organizer. Finally, I clicked on the lock again to prevent further changes.

TOPICS
Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've resolved the problem. It was a permissions issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the benefit of others, can you explain how you resolved the permissions issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0