• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop ELEMENTS ERROR "Could Not Complete The Request Because of A Problem Parsing the JPEG Data"

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw videos on how to fix this in the regular version of Photoshop but is there a way to fix it in Photoshop Elements? The only way I found was to open the file in 'File>Open in Camera Raw, then save image as a JPEG, then click File>Open and select the recently saved file (which will open the file in the 'camera raw' menu) and select 'Open FIle' at the bottom of that menu.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The usual way to deal with those jpegs with non standard exif metadata is to open the file in any of the free jpeg editors on your computer and to save them from that editor. Those free editors ignore most metadata.

If you choose the 'Open in camera raw' workaround, the file opens and you click 'Open'. From there you can save as jpeg. If you are concerned about the saved jpeg automatically opens in camera raw, rather save 'for web' to delete most exif metadata or in png format.

I am sorry, I have lost the unique sample of the wrong format jpeg, so I can't check now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only permanent solution involves editing the Windows Registry. Not everyone likes messing around in the registry but it’s fairly straightforward. I’ve just created an instructional video. If you are interested, click the YouTube link below.

https://youtu.be/bg6AiD-zhMM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines