Highlighted

Photoshop Elements Installation issue

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While attempting to install Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 on my Surface book i receive an error message: "Code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found." "VC Runtime 140.dll." How do i go about resolving this issue? 

TOPICS
Bug, Download and install, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop Elements Installation issue

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While attempting to install Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 on my Surface book i receive an error message: "Code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found." "VC Runtime 140.dll." How do i go about resolving this issue? 

TOPICS
Bug, Download and install, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are Windows errors, I hope one of the tips in this discussion may help you resolve them too.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please open Control panel and then navigate to the screen from where you uninstall the programs. There should be a list of Visual studio Runtimes installed on your machine. Ideally the list mentioned in the below screenshot should be sufficient enough to support Elements. In case if any of the listed runtimes are not available, can you please try to download and install it from Microsoft website and then retry the elements installation.

In case if you find it difficult to find a particular runtime on microsoft website, Please share the details here as a screenshot for the installed runtimes and I will try my best to help you with a trusted source to download and install.

Apart from this, could you also please share the mode of installation? Are you using a DVD or the setup file downloaded directly from Adobe.com?

VC runtime.JPG

Regards

Vipin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2020 0