• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements now wants me to sign in

New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been running PE 2018 for a while now and then it suddenly wouldn't recognise my .orf olympus files and wanted an update which I reluctantly paid for.

all was well for a while, now it wants me to sign in to continue to use it.

Is there a way to use this in such a way as it never logs onto anywhere?

I'm not interested in and don't want any cloud based use, nor to network.

I want to use as a stand alone program with no outside interface or interference.

Help is much appreciated thanks

Richard

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you actually entered your license number and registered it with Adobe or are you still in Trial Mode?  If not, you need to do so.  Please give us a screenshot of the sign-in message you are receiving (but don't include any personal information).

If you are not connected to the internet, Adobe makes you sign in at some (unkown to me) period to make sure you are properly licensed and activated.

If you have purchased Elements 2021, some users are receiving a free Cloud account.  This requires the installation of the Adobe Creative Cloud software on your machine.  Unfortunately, it is not a good idea to uninstall it, even if you are not using it.  Those that have tried to do so have run into problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply 

Yes have registered it and it's not trial. 

After posting above request I later went back to my laptop and it had decided to behave. 

Frustrating. One of the issues, and why I said I'm not interested in any external locations, internet connections in my area are dodgy and I wonder now if the slow connection may have triggered something? 

Unfortunately we don't all live in super speed cyberspace 😕

Creative Cloud keeps telling me it's doing something each time I fire up my laptop. 

I had a message to send direct email which I appreciate and will follow up on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Taswegian87 said: I had a message to send direct email which I appreciate and will follow up on. 

DO NOT DO THAT, if the message came from anywhere other than Adobe.com.  It is undoubtedly a scammer.  If the message was sent to you via Private Message, please let me know the name of the person who sent it to you so that we can get their account blocked from the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'm wary and was looking at the email with interest

no reply @ mail .community .adobe .com 

(I've added spaces) 

Subject: Photoshop Elements now wants me to sign in 

Date: May 12, 2021 08:50 AM 

Hi,

You can Directly send Email to our Adobe Customer Care Team at Email Address:-

AdobeCare24x7Live@outlook.com and they will help you via Email.

Note:-Compose New Email and Copy and Paste the Email ID mentioned Abobe and send Email.

Team Adobe

That email address made me curious though "AdobeCare24x7Live@outlook.com" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having trouble getting into that private email. Eventually copied this 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/18886247

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Taswegian87, thanks for the details.  I have reported the spammer to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Greg 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi sorry 

is this email a spam?

AdobeCare24x7Live@outlook.com

I just added a question and someon DM with ref to this email, it looks to good to be true, expecialy as its not advertised on the oficial site 

Thanks for the help in advance 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@MelLondon2021, yes you have received a message from a spammer.  Please let us know the screen name of the person who sent you the PM so that we can get them banned from the forum. Any official email will come from an address @adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines