• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements Organiser 2020 crashes on start-up.

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'm getting desperate.

I've purchased Elements and Premiere 2020 but Organiser does not open - it crashes on start-up each time.

I have posted about this before (so apologies if you're seeing this twice) but I've not yet had a solution. 

I’m running on OSX 10.13.6 Sierra - which is compatible with these versions of software.

So far I have tried:
1 - Uninstall, restart and reinstall software.
2 - Checked for updates to my graphics card.
3 - Run a Disc Utilities diagnostics 
4 - Turn off and on my Mac.
5 - Started Organiser whilst holding down the Shift key without success.
6 - Tried to update preferences but the instructions provided by Adobe do not match the options given on my computer.
7 - Checked the Apple forums which appear to indicate that this could be an Adobe software problem.
8 - Renamed the OLS folder to OLS_old.
9 - Renamed Online Services to Online Services_old
10 - Renamed the folder psa.prf to psa_old.prf

I'm getting pretty desperate. Please help!
Thanks
TOPICS
Crash or freeze , How to , Mac , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know very little about Macs.  So, the only advice I can give is to try contacting Elements support. You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Support menu at Adobe.com.  This is generally the best place to get help with difficult launch problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Greg_s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the Adobe blue 'Contact us' button appears to have been disabled - but thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why the Contact Us button would be disabled.  Perhaps you need to be signed into your Adobe account but I just tried it without being signed in and it still worked.  Or perhaps in your region of the world, it is not a 24/7 service, or perhaps it was just a slow internet connection or firewall that was interfering.

In any event, if you continue to have problems, here are the support telephone numbers you can use for different regions of the world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your help and apologies for my slow reply.

I did manage to contact the help centre and they did a screen share session with me. It turned out that the problem lay with my User Profile on my iMac desktop. When a new profile was created - Organiser worked!

I now need to decide if I can live without Organiser as to move the contents of my Mac to a new user profile is no mean feat (for me at least). I believe that Editor and Premiere will function perfectly well without it and I already have a decently organised catalogue within Lightroom. I'll see how I get on with that for now.

Thanks again for your help Greg.

Kind regards,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines