• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements Organizer 15

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am trying to migrate from Aperture to Photoshop Elements Organizer 15 which I bought last year. I was toying with eventually going the pay by the month route for Lightroom or even full blow photoshop. I am not too concerned about the actual price but the functionality.

I am so far totally underwelmed by the "Organizer."  Correct me if I am wrong but I could not find the ability to list the images by file name and sort by file type. IE. Separate the JPEGs from the RAW in a folder. This does not appear to be possible.  The only sorts I can see are by Name, Oldest, Newest, and Import Batch.

I could do this in Aperture. 

So does Lightroom let you do this?  Since You Shall Not modified the locations of your images outside of Photoshop Organizer Lest Thee screwith upith the links, you can't just use the Finder and sort these files once you have created your Catalog.  

I am left with the option of deleting my catalog and going threw all my folders in Finder and doing the sorting.  Then recreating the Catalog.

Or taking another look at the Canon file organizer which I had played with about 10 years ago.....LOL.

So far not a fan of the Organizer.  But I am willing to learn.....

Mike

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said you are trying to migrate to PS Elements and then asked a question about Lightroom. Shall we move this thread to:

• Photoshop Elements,
  • Lightroom, or
  • Lightroom Classic?

In the meantime, you can download a 7-day trial of Lightroom to see if it works and to ask questions. The Photography program is annual, payable at $9.99 per month and includes PS and LR.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

We can move this thread once you tell us where it belongs. Also, if it moves to one of the LR forums, shall we also edit the title which is currently “Photoshop Elements Organizer 15”?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not sure.....problaby I should post the same question on all three forums......

I'll just find a friend who has the program and look for myself.

For now I guess leave it on the Elements forum.

Thanks,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , I've moved your post from the Photoshop forum to the Photoshop Elements forum where you are more likely to get help with your issue.

I can't answer your Elements question as I don't use it, but Lightroom Classic certainly does let you filter your images by file type - regardless of where you store them on your disk(s)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I am so far totally underwelmed by the "Organizer." Correct me if I am wrong but I could not find the ability to list the images by file name and sort by file type. IE. Separate the JPEGs from the RAW in a folder. This does not appear to be possible. The only sorts I can see are by Name, Oldest, Newest, and Import Batch."

I don't know Aperture but I think that the purpose of the organizer is not to print lists, it's to find and select all kinds of (combined) search criteria. What you are quoting is the choice for display sort order not the ability to select files according to all kinds of criteria. The main tool is the menu 'Find' with the option 'by details' which allows, among others, to select raws or any kind of format. What is the best in the Organizer tools is the visual search tool (magnifier glass) on the right of the top bar. You can search (and combine criteria) very easily. Just try to search by a substring in a word in a caption...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines