Highlighted

Photoshop Elements Organizer 2020 does not find my photos

New Here ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the 8th of this month (May 8 2020) I purchased an upgrade to Adobe Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements from a previous version. I had a previous version of Photoshop Elements installed on my computer, which is a Dell Inspiron desktop running Windows 10, version 1903. I believe the version of Photoshop Elements was version 9. I did NOT have a previous version of Premiere Elements installed. I uninstalled Photoshop Elements using Programs and Features in Control Panel before installing Photoshop Premiere (the video app) then installing Photoshop Elements (the photo app). When I installed Premiere Elements it wanted to run the Organizer and it found only about 30 files. Then when I installed Photoshop Elements the Organizer did not run so I ran it and clicked "Import > From Files and Folders" but it did not find any photos. I also tried clicking "File > Get Phtos and Videos > From Files and Folders" with the same result. BTW, I store all my photos and videos in OneDrive. I know that the Organizer can access OneDrive because it showed OneDrive (as well as Dropbox) as a place to search. Just now I did a search in OneDrive with Windows File Explorer for "Filename:*.jpg" (without the quotes) and it found 132,343 files!! Then I searched for "Filename:*.mp4" (without the quotes) and it found 2,184 files. That is just the MP4 files. I know I have other video files with other formats. So... can someone help me get this working? BTW, I did a search in the registry for "organizer" and found the entry below for Photoshop 9 but the directory listed does not exist.

Key: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Store

Contents: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 9 Organizer\Photoshop Elements 9.0.exe

Thanks,

Don

TOPICS
Organizer, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop Elements Organizer 2020 does not find my photos

New Here ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the 8th of this month (May 8 2020) I purchased an upgrade to Adobe Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements from a previous version. I had a previous version of Photoshop Elements installed on my computer, which is a Dell Inspiron desktop running Windows 10, version 1903. I believe the version of Photoshop Elements was version 9. I did NOT have a previous version of Premiere Elements installed. I uninstalled Photoshop Elements using Programs and Features in Control Panel before installing Photoshop Premiere (the video app) then installing Photoshop Elements (the photo app). When I installed Premiere Elements it wanted to run the Organizer and it found only about 30 files. Then when I installed Photoshop Elements the Organizer did not run so I ran it and clicked "Import > From Files and Folders" but it did not find any photos. I also tried clicking "File > Get Phtos and Videos > From Files and Folders" with the same result. BTW, I store all my photos and videos in OneDrive. I know that the Organizer can access OneDrive because it showed OneDrive (as well as Dropbox) as a place to search. Just now I did a search in OneDrive with Windows File Explorer for "Filename:*.jpg" (without the quotes) and it found 132,343 files!! Then I searched for "Filename:*.mp4" (without the quotes) and it found 2,184 files. That is just the MP4 files. I know I have other video files with other formats. So... can someone help me get this working? BTW, I did a search in the registry for "organizer" and found the entry below for Photoshop 9 but the directory listed does not exist.

Key: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Store

Contents: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 9 Organizer\Photoshop Elements 9.0.exe

Thanks,

Don

TOPICS
Organizer, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 17, 2020 0

Have something to add?