Highlighted

Photoshop Elements Organizer 2020 freezes immediately after clicking on "Import"

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

recenly I bought Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 because I wanted to upgrade from PS Elements 14. In the previous version everything worked perfectly but with the 2020 version I can't import new photos or videos because the app freezes. Sometimes it doesn't freeze but if I do it multiple times it freezes anyway. 

My PC runs Windows 10 version 1909. I made sure that my RAM and processor are good enough for PS 2020 to run... they are even the recommended ones (CPU 2.33GHz and RAM 8 GB).

I searched forums for an answer but nothing seems to work. I tried to restore default preferences of PS Elements Organizer and also the solution shown here. I also contacted the official Adobe chat support. They told me that I should create a new user account on my PC because apparently there's an issue with the existing one... which is odd because PS Elements 14 Organizer works perfectly.  

Does anyone know how to solve this? Or did you encounter a similar problem?

Thank you in advance,

Lubos

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Import and export, Organizer, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop Elements Organizer 2020 freezes immediately after clicking on "Import"

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

recenly I bought Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 because I wanted to upgrade from PS Elements 14. In the previous version everything worked perfectly but with the 2020 version I can't import new photos or videos because the app freezes. Sometimes it doesn't freeze but if I do it multiple times it freezes anyway. 

My PC runs Windows 10 version 1909. I made sure that my RAM and processor are good enough for PS 2020 to run... they are even the recommended ones (CPU 2.33GHz and RAM 8 GB).

I searched forums for an answer but nothing seems to work. I tried to restore default preferences of PS Elements Organizer and also the solution shown here. I also contacted the official Adobe chat support. They told me that I should create a new user account on my PC because apparently there's an issue with the existing one... which is odd because PS Elements 14 Organizer works perfectly.  

Does anyone know how to solve this? Or did you encounter a similar problem?

Thank you in advance,

Lubos

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Import and export, Organizer, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working with a conversion of your catalog from Elements 14 or a new catalog?  (The conversion should have taken place automatically when you installed 2020.)

How large is your catalog?

Do you have all auto-analysis turned on?  If so, try turning it off in Edit>Preferences>Media Analysis.  Let us know if that makes any difference.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 04, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lubos,

Thanks for reaching out. 

Could you please share more details regarding size of your catalog, and which version did you convert it from? Moreover, is this issue catalog specific? Are you able to import media into a different catalog?

Additionally, could you please share what happens when you press CTRL+G after opening your catalog?

Regards,

Aaron

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 09, 2020 0