• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop elements upgrade

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased photoshop elements years ago and it is on a disk. My new computer does not have a disk reader. I would like to purchase only the upgrade instead of the full licence. Do I need to install the original Photoshop on my new computer first ? Or will the upgrade just need my license number and install the program strating from zero ?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no upgrade. Any reference to "upgrade" is a marketing maneuver. Each version of PSE is independent, and one may have several versions on the same machine. A new version of the software does not overwrite an older version.

In the absence of a disk drive, you can download older versions of the software from here:

Download Photoshop Elements 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, and 7

The other way to go about this is to copy the content of your disk to a thumb drive on a computer with this capability, and then install via USB on your new computer.

It is somewhat problematic that a very old version will function properly on a modern operating system. The results that have been reported are mixed.

Do let us know how you make out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The upgrade pricing is available directly from Adobe at $79.99 as a single platform download for Windows or Mac.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

You don't need to install the old version but will need its serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines