• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements Warning

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Photoshop since 1991 and just purchased Elements. I can't believe this program was okayed for release - it is quite possibly the worst version of Photoshop ever created. It's as if the developers decided to create a program that would be nothing but a frustration for people who use it. Not only does the tool box not undock from a 'workspace', the workspace is a dead weight atrocity, with tool options locked into a grey area that can't even be brought forward by clicking on it. So it sits there in the background like a useless block. Constraining images now automatically locks in and requires users to hold the shift key - or not, depending on how the program decides to respond to the command - creating another headache for users. Pasting into is now a complete nightmare as Elements pastes in on one layer instead of two and locks in the pasted image at a normal setting which can't be adjusted. Gone are features like rasterization and the warp option in the transform commands. And this is just a scratch of the surface of how awful this program is for users. I can only hope Adobe creates an update to fix these issues, otherwise I've wasted $200 on this pile of garbage.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can feel your frustration as I’ve used Photoshop CC & Photoshop Elements. There are differences hence the title. The consumer package only has elements of the pro package. But I find I can get most things done with familiarity. For example rather than paste try the menu:

File >> Place

Or create a new layer then use Ctrl+V or Cmd+V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the hints. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that they locked the toolbox into a 'workspace' that isn't even that functional. The worst part is the by updating to High Sierra my old version of Photoshop has been rendered useless. I get that Elements is a scaled-down version but what I don't get is why they threw out some of the best most basic features of PS. By the way - is the toolbox really locked in to the workspace or is there a way to separate it? Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought Elements because my previous PhotoShop just stopped working. Bought Elements because I couldn't afford to buy another pro PhotoShop. I have to agree, it's kinda sad. It totally reminds me of Windows Paint. It's very limited. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I AGREE 1000%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I honestly thought it was just me. This feels like a deliberately nasty and limited version of photoshop to punish people for paying the one time fee instead of the almost $1K per year for the full package. Worst treatment of people paying for your services ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I only pay $10.84 a month for Photoshop...... I also have no need for all the adobe apps--- like most of the users in this forum.

PSE from day 1 has been designed for the average "mom and pop" user / consumer.   Of course it has limited features when ccomparedto its big brother PS- it's why it costs less.

So you pay close to $1000 a year?    You must use the software professionally--- if you are just paying that much "to goof around on your own"  that's totally on you. 

"Worst treatment of people paying for your services ever."   How is that?  You are comparing two totally different things

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines