• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements will only open as a trial version

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what may be the first time since I bought my new iMac last year I have attempted to use Photoshop Elements 13. 

But when I try to start it I get a message from Adobe asking me to sign in with my Adobe ID.   However, when I do so all I get is another message telling me  that this is a Photoshop Elements 13 Trial and that 'You can try this product for 30 days'. There is a 'Buy Now' button.

In fact I have owned this product for about five years.  So how can I get into this app and continue to use it as normal?

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will help us to answer your question if you could provide details of your operating system e.g.
MacOS Mojave (10.14) Catalina (10.15)
Have you previously installed PSE13 on more than one computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My operating system is MacOS Mojave (10.14).

I first installed PSE13 on my previous iMac.  My current computer is the second on which I have installed PSE13.

I also have PSE10 installed on my current computer and it loads fine.  That too was also originally installed on my previous iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you sign-in you should see a button to activate/licence this software. Click that and then entre your 24 digit serial number commencing 1057

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll try that just as soon as I find my serial number.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrisdad, you didn't ask about Catalina but just in case you weren't aware, be advised that Catalina doesn't support 32 bit.  Were you to upgrade, 10.15.x would permanently break PSE 10 and PSE 13 and any other 32 bit apps on your machines.  Hope you'll find this useful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone.  I've made some good progress thanks to your tips.

But I'm not quite there yet.  Following your guidance I am now able to get into PSE13 but although it loads it is very unresponsive.  Every action I try results in the spinning colour wheel appearing for 10 or 15 seconds before it carries out those actions -  although some actions won't work at all.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One possible solution is to change Security & Privacy settings in Mojave's System Preferences.  See next to last post in this link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Phinny.  I tried the security and privacy procedure you mentioned but it hasn't worked yet.  I may well have done something wrong and will try again shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines