• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements won't open after Update

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just working on Photoshop Elements 2020, when I went to close out it had an update.  So I updated; but it failed.  Then I tried to open Photoshop Elements again and just a blank screen appears; see attachment.  I tried rebooting the computer but nothing; just this blank screen.  And now when I try to open it, I get "do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device - Elements Organizer 2019" ?????  Also, when I have the blank screen open, I open task manager and it shows four apps open (Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020; Elements Auto Creation 2020 (?); and two PhotoshopElementsLive (see attachment).  When I try to "end task" on a PhotoShopElementsLive, a line shows up on the blank screen "chromewebdata" (again see attachment).  Please help!  I need to use PSE, but it won't open.  I am using Windows 10 and tried rebooting.  

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Download and install , Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I ran into a similar problem.  Elements 2020 would not load.  Previously I owned Elements 5 and Elements 14.  I endied up going to Help, and after 1 hour of chat, the Agent ended up I had to update C++.  It ended up taking over 2 hours to install the software on my main computer.  I am now trying to install it on my other unit that I use as a backup machine.  Have to see how it oges 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to post:  I uninstalled and reinstalled several times and now seem to have gotten it to open.  NOTE! you can't just uninstall and re-install; first:  you need to choose to delete all your preferences.  Second, you need to uninstall and then manually go to all the adobes folders and delete them so it deletes all the preferences.  

Now new problem.  Everytime I open, it says I have a new update to install.  Well, obviously I never want to do that again!  But your options are "install now" or "install upon exit".  There's a drop down box on "install upon exit" and that lets you choose "remind me later".  But in any event, the update box keeps coming up and it constantly tries to get you to update.  How can I turn this off?  I want to choose "never update"; at least for a while since there is obviously a bug in the update that causes the program to not open. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turn off the Adobe Updater in Windows Startup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines