• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop elements

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now I am using Ps elements 14 and canon camera eos 7d, camera raw   -.CR2. My new camera is a canon EOS R, camera raw   -.CR3. To work with camera raw pictures -.CR3 I installed the plug in 11.4.1, but is does not work.

-Too overcome this problem is it possible to upgrade Ps element 14 to Ps element 20?

-If possible does it include the latest plug-in for Canon EOS R (-.CR3)?

Johan Jansen

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Photoshop Elements forum from Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What you have to know about raw files compatibility:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/faq-will-photoshop-elements-work-with-my-camera-or...

The main thing to know is that each new camera comes with its own unique raw format. CR2 or CR3 are raw format families, but the converter you need is linked with your camera model.

First find the ACR plugin version needed for your camera, then check if your PSE version can support or be updated to that version. Only the current version can be updated for new cameras.

On the other hand, to upgrade to a newer Elements version, you only get a price rebate (about 20%) for having an older Elements versions. There are generally better prices from big resellers online. Also beware that if history repeats itself, a new version of Elements is expected in the next weeks.

So, the best you can do if you don't want to upgrade is to download and install the free Adobe DNGconverter mentionned in the above faq. That standalone software can batch convert a whole folder of your raw files to the DNG raw format that your PSE14 can read and edit. An additional batch step, but free and with the same quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines