• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PhotoShop Installation problem

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Adobe PhotoShop Elements 12 almost 6 years ago, before it was a monthly subscription and was just a one time purchase.  I have a new computer and am trying to install it on that computer.  In the installation wizard it says that my serial number is invalid.  The tech support that gave me the links to re-download it tells me my serial number is valid yet can offer no other help.  Can you please help me?

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Photoshop Elements forum from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" before it was a monthly subscription "

Photoshop Elements never has been and is not now by subsctription.  It it a one time purchase.

What is your operating system?

Is your serial number for Mac or Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My serial number is for Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you have a Photoshop Elements 12 installation file and not a Premiere Elements installation file?

Are you sure your serial number is for Photoshop Elements and not Premiere Elements?

How many computers is it installed on without signing out or deactivating?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the serial number I have is for Photoshop Elements 12.  As I look closer, the tech support guy gave me the installation file for Premier Elements 12.  That must be the problem.  Thank you.  Do you know how I can get the corrent files to download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed it originally on an old computer that I no longer have.  I wiped the hard drive before I gave it away.  Was I supposed to deactivate it?  If so, I didn't know to deactivate it.  Am I just screwed then because I didn't deactivate it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Do you know how I can get the corrent files to download?"

Go here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html

"I installed it originally on an old computer that I no longer have. I didn't know to deactivate it. "

Go here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=STAM_downloading-installing-setting-up_serial-numbers-rede...

and 

Customer Care Click Here.png

and explain that you did not deactivate it on the old computer and that you need to have your activations reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines