• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Not Working Not As Advertised

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i downloaded this thinking it would be not as hard to navigate as it is. i have been trying to follow youtube tutorials on how to edit photos and it doesnt even come close to how mine looks. i cant do any of the things they are doing in the video because my photoshop is not good and doesnt have any effects or tools that im looking for. im beyond disappointed i wasted my money on this when i cant even use it the way i want to.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're almost certainly doing something wrong.  what that may be is impossible to determine without some helpful info.  for example, name one thing you would like to do to a photo?

<moved from download&install>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well i found out the problem is that the version i am using is a " perpetual copy" so it is different than everyone else's that im seeing online because they are using a subscription version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version do you have and where did you buy it. To check the version go to Help>System Info.

The only perpetual version sold by Adobe is Photoshop Elements which is a separate application, with a different interface to Photoshop, and is designed for a different user base.

Outside of Elements, the full version of Photoshop  has been a subscription application since 2013 so if someone has sold you a perpetual version of Photoshop (not Elements) then you can bet on it being a pirated version.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as above, you probably have photoshop elements.  any problem following a photoshop elements tutorial?

<moved to photoshop elements>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you desribe are videos about photoshop, not photoshop elements. This is what the interface typically looks like for Photoshop. 

2021-04-02_154018.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ths is the interface for PSE:

2021-03-30_180640.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

. . .  and you may be in the Quick mode of Elements, which only displays a small number of available tools.  If you change to the Expert mode by clicking on the tab at the top of the screen, you will find almost all of the common tools that are available in the full version of Photoshop.

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.04.03_11h44m57s_000_SnapCollage.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines