• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Organizer-Can't delete empty folders

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I delete folders in oeganizer 2019 that just have '?' instead of photos. Won't let me delete it, the word is not bold.

TOPICS
How to , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Organizer too so dumb question here (not you).  You do have "folders" selected along the top of your screen right?  That shows a list of all your folders down the left side of your screen?  Then "delete" isn't bold when you right click any of the folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give us a screenshot of what you are seeing and also tell us a little more about what you are trying to do and why.

One possibility may be that the folder is "in use" by another program, e.g. Windows File Explorer or the Mac equivalent, and therefore cannot be deleted.  BTW, what OS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

organizer.jpgWindows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I suspected, you have some "missing files" in the folder.  Since, you want to delete the folder, I assume that you no longer want the photos in it (or have moved them to another folder).  In order to clean up the catalog and avoid other issues in the future, I suggest that you select the photos in the folder and delete them. I believe you will then be able to delete what will be an empty folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked!!!!!

Thanks so much!

Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines