• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Organizer catalogue lost People

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop Elements 2020 Organizer. All face recognition data has been lost from the People tab. Places and Events data is still under the corresponding tabs. However, if I click folders on the left, there will be Named People shown from that particular folder. So there is People data but it is not shown unless a Folder is selected. Before all Named People were shown under the Named People tab. If I try to repair catalogue, I will get an error message Catalogue could not be repaired. Searching people does work so the data is somewhere. I don't have a backup of the catalogue.

Elements Organizer 18.0.0.0
Core Version: 18.0 (20201207.m.154403)
Language Version: 18.0 (20201207.m.154403)

Current Catalog:
Catalog Name: Qnap catalogue
Catalog Location: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Elements Organizer\Catalogs\Qnap catalogue\
Catalog Size: 482,9MB
Catalog Cache Size: 1,3GB

System:
Operating System Name: Windows 10
Operating System Version: 10.0
System Architecture: Intel CPU Family:6 Model:14 Stepping:10 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2
Built-in Memory: 15,9GB
Free Memory: 9,6GB

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you select a person in the Tags panel?  (I would also be interested in knowing if the stacks reappear in the People tab after you check and uncheck a People tag in the Tags panel.  I am having an unusual problem (in Elements 2021) with stacks disappearing after several operations in the UnNamed People room.  If I go to the Media grid, check and uncheck a People tag, and return to the UnNamed People tab, the stacks reappear.)

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.01.30_11h47m08s_002_.png

Also, are you able to see any stacks in the UnNamed People room?

What is the exact error message you receive when you try to repair the catalogue?

Since all of the People tags seem to be available, I would suggest resetting the preferences file. Immediately after launching the program, press Alt+Shift+Ctrl. A message should pop up asking if you want to delete the Settings file. Answer OK. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I select a person in the Tags panel, the pictures of that person will appear on the Media tab. Stacks do not reappear in the People tab even if I check and uncheck a People tag in the Tags pane.

I can only see people in UnNamed stacks if I select a Folder. Then I see stacks of people whose pictures are in that folder. My Folders are named after the month.

The error message is "Catalogue could not be repaired".

Unfortunately resetting the preferences file didn't help. 

I only seem to have a problem in the People tab which is really strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new catalog and import a few folders into it to see whether the problem exists in the new catalog.

It may just be that your current catalog is corrupt.  If that is the case, you should still be eligible for Adobe Support who may be able to do a deep dive and fix the corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the same issue that I am having and have outlined here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/adobe-photoshop-elements-2020-organizer-people/m-p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am still seeing this issue on my end as well.  Do you know if Adobe has a plan to fix this? I downloaded the trial version of 2021 and am seeing the same issue there as well.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines