Highlighted

Photoshop performance extremely slow

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Photoshop 2019, it runs extremely slow takes several seconds for mouse click to respond. Had same issue on Photoshop elements 14.

Running win 10 pro with latest updates ver 1809

32gb memory

other photo editor programs run good

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop performance extremely slow

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Photoshop 2019, it runs extremely slow takes several seconds for mouse click to respond. Had same issue on Photoshop elements 14.

Running win 10 pro with latest updates ver 1809

32gb memory

other photo editor programs run good

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 28, 2019 0
Participant ,
Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please let us know more about the issue like if this is observed with the specific workflow or you are facing this issue from launch itself.

Thanks

Prakash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johnb,

Sorry that Photoshop Elements 2019 is responding slow to your mouse clicks. Does it happen in Elements Editor or Organizer?

I'd recommend that you take a look at the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article Troubleshoot system errors, freezes, and crashes in Photoshop Elements and let us know if they help in improving the slowness.

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only happens in elements when I click on options for print, paper size, quality, paper type, etc.. Works fine in organizer, take around 30-40 seconds to get response from mouse click in Elements.

John

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2019 0
Participant ,
Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You could give a try by deleting the preferences file. This can be done using below steps:

• Open Home Screen Of Adobe Photoshop Elements
  • Click "Adobe Photoshop Editor" & Hold (Ctrl + Alt + Shift) keys & do not leave them until you get the message to "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements Setting File".
  • Click "Yes"
  • It will Open Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor.
  • Restart Adobe Photoshop Elements & check it.

Thanks

Prakash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2019 0
New Here ,
May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did not help, I don’t believe it’s understood that my problem is slow performance only when trying to set different print options to my canon Pro-10 printer. It can take upwards of 30-40 seconds before I get a response from a mouse click. I hooked up a different printer (HP) and the response times from mouse clicks on print options is almost immediate. I have two other photo editor programs that do not present this problem. I even uninstalled and re-installed printer drive no help. Organizer does not have the problem either so to me something is going on with Elements.

John

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2019 0