• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop / Premiere Elements 2021 and Apple Silicon / M1 support ?

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Teams,

I see you just recently released Photoshop & Premiere Elements version 2021.

Can you please confirm if this version will be supported on Apple Silicon / M1 based Mac computers ?

Or should we wait next year and edition 2022 if we plan to soon upgrade to these Macs ?

Thank you

TOPICS
Mac , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Nice to see that two months later and no one from Adobe has bothered to comment here.  There is a trial version which runs through Rosetta 2.  I suggest you download and try it.

I can tell you that the organizer part of Elements 2021 is awful.  Even with only 400 photos (jpgs mind you, not RAW), the scrolling is extremely laggy on a MacBook Air M1.  To the point of making it almost unusable. Scrolling from the top to the bottom of my grid of images causes stuttering and delays of anywhere from 5-30 seconds depending on how fast you try to scroll.  The editor (for photos, haven't tried video) seems to be ok but if you have tried the Lightroom version designed for Apple silicon there is no comparison in terms of speed, smoothness and overall polish. Without knowing for sure that there will be update to Elements 2021 for M1, it's a waste of money right now.  

Either wait for an annoucment of an update and purchase it then, live with the frustrating performance, get Lightroom or step away from the Adobe ecosystem all together.  There are many good choices out there.  Many have thrived thanks to Adobe's forced subscription service for 99% of their products.

Good Luck!

Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same question.  Is Adobe Elements 2022 ready to run NATIVELY on Apple Silicon / M1 computers or does it only run on them using Rosetta?    I have an older version of Elements that does not run natively and it is SLOW.   I won't upgrade unless the 2022 version runs on Apple Silicon Natively. 

Really concerned that no one from Adobe has bothered to answere this simple question. YES or NO?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements 2022 has just been released (today).  I know very little about Macs but it is my understanding that it will support M1 machines.  You can download a free trial and determine whether it works for you.  It is highly unlikely that any further update will be provided for prior versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't it strange that Adobe itself says nothing about whether it works natively on Apple Silicone?    I have to assume that they forgot to mention it, OR that they failed to mention it because it doesn't run natively.    I know you don't know MACS, but older versions of Elements run (on Apple Silicone) using a  product called Rosetta BECAUSE they are not compatible (run natively) on Apple Silicone (ALL MACS built since Apple put it out run on Apple Silicone Chips NOT Intel.)

I will have to assume that Adobe cannot run Natively on Apple Silicone chips  unless Adobe itself  puts out a statement on it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@louistog, as I said, I know very little about Macs.  The latest information I can find on the Adobe support pages is this one which was updated a couple of days ago, so it would not contain any information about the newly released Elements 2022.  I note that even Photoshop CC has some known issues with the chip running it in Rosetta mode.  With that said, I suggest you download the free trial and see how it works for you.  Meanwhile, I will make some inquiries of Adobe and see if I can get some better information for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you.

Louis & Nancy Tognan
[Personal information removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Both Version 19 for Windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines