• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PhotoShopElements 12 crashes in Mac OS Mojave

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Mac OS Mojave and now my Photo Shop Elements 12 crashes on opening.

Does anyone know why and/or how I can fix it?

Ines

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

I installed Elements 2019 but could not use it on my Mac with Mojave. I did what was suggested here. I went to Preferences / Security & Privacy /  Privacy / unlock changes / Accessibility / add + Adobe photoshop folder then checked box / Checked also Adobe Elements. Click lock to close make changes. Come out of Preferences. Close Elements if open. Restart your Mac. I got this from djayadobe 29 October 2018 and, I may have his name spelt wrong,  sorry, Tranberry on the same page, IT WORKS!!! Than

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Owners of old programs simply have problems with Mac Mojave... none of which is Adobe's fault... Adobe did not change your old program to make it stop working... Apple changed their operating system and THAT is why your old programs won't work, not because of anything Adobe did... Also... every time Apple issues an update, there is the risk that an old program that HAS been working will STOP working... bottom line, old programs require a matching old operating system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John.

It is obvious that I do have an older version. I just hadn't had this problem with other OS including High Sierra.

So I was wondering if there was a solution that could be applied so I could continue to use my "old" version. I see that I may need to purchase a newer version of Photoshop Elements unless there is an update to my "old" version that may solve my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, basically, you're saying it's OK that this expensive software ceases to function every time Apple does an OS update? That puts the useful life of Adobe products at  .... what, 2 years?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>saying it's OK that this expensive software ceases to function every time Apple does an OS update?

Go back and re-read my 1st reply to this problem

This is Apple's fault for making operating system changes that break previous programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, definitely not Apples fault. All Version before also not work properl, always was the beachball busy for minutes and aüI has system crashes. Adobe is to lazy to fix their problem and Adobe is to selfish to have a Hotline were customers call ask for help. Th einlernet is full of the Problem from Adobe use their old software and sell year after year again with a small update for a higher price. Still now they use 32 Bit Bersion, I have no words for this... and by the way every developer get the new software from Apple always in time to make neseccary changes if the tüsoftwsre have problems with any update... in all adobe groups were I ask for help just no answer, that’s poor and nothing else...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely agree.  I was just chatting online with adobe and they were ZERO help on two other issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to be reading all kinds of tales of woe about PSE12 and Apple machines. I run PSE12 on an i-mac with Mojave and so far it works just fine. I do get messages saying Apple will not be supporting 32 bit application in the 'future'. I asked Adobe what they were doing about an upgrade and was given a link to down load PSE12 with no comment about it being a 64 bit version or not.

The clear implication being that it was 64bit, why else provide the link in answer to the question I raised?    It would be pointless making me download something to replace what I already have that currently works and will be redundant some time soon.

Warning bell began to ring when up popped a message saying the installer wasn't 64 bit. The job then failed due to a bit missing in the installer. I should down load again!

Due to the lack of the total lack of comment on the question raised, the failed download etc has made me decide that I'd be wasting my time. I'll use PSE 12 while I can, when it stops working I'll look for something else that will work and doesn't cost a fortune or demand a subscription. I don't save files as photoshop files after I have finished working on them so I won't lose anything.

I enjoy tinkering with my pictures but it is not something I will miss if I can't do it anymore. Ron Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and so the story goes on and on.

Adobe points at Apple, Apple points at Adobe. And the client does not have any Photoshop function available.

Worst situation? Billions in the acoounts of Apple and Adobe? No, all well fed and happy at Adobe and Apple.

True worst situation is that the client gets nothing, cannot make use of paid for application(s) and no service whatsoever!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to say, I have Adobe PSE 13, 14 and I bought also 15 and also Photoshop elements. The only program wich work good is Photoshop Elements. I had different Apple Computers but always iMac Pro ore same level. Always all updates and always problems with PSE. Not any help from Adobe and I really pissed off about loose nearly 400 €. I wrote several friendly letters to Adobe in Facebook and so on but still no answer. Its not a miracle that programs like Affinity are so successful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, not so much dude.  All my older MS software works just fine.  This is an adobe issue with Apple.  They need to work together or lose business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue! Crashes right away after I installed Mojave!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See John's reply above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the smae problem.  Tried re-installing Elements - to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying different things i had to buy and install the new version To solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please bear in mind that Apple do not try to keep old apps running, they keep changing things. This is their deliberate policy (wait until you see how many things are broken by Mac OS 10.15, next year, including - they guarantee - all apps older than 10 years). So every time you choose a "free" Mac OS upgrade you need to budget to buy ALL new apps. Any that keep working are a bonus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But also the newest version ist just a 32 Bit version, you can count the days this program will not work anymore... I can't understand that 2020 Adobe still sell 32 bit versions of Photoshop Elements for such a horrible price. Next year the same will happen an no more support here because it is old version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was having the same issue with photoshop elements 11 and found this article. Gives a link to instructions on how they got a version of Photoshop to work and I followed those instructions and my program is now working.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/open-apps-wont-work-mojave-photoshop-3684425/

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!!! it's working now!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved my shit!!! thank you so much!! OMG!!! I was freaking out !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!! It worked for me too! I was sick over this ... I appreciate your help SO MUCH!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome. Glad it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your message Dhananjay.

My issue was not with PhotoShop Elements 2019. It was with PhotoShop

Elements 2012.

I have fixed my problem by purchasing PhotoShop Elements 2019 which is

working perfectly!

Thank you again for your suggestion.

Ines

"None goes his way alone. All that we send into the lives of others comes

back into our own." Edwin Markham

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 5:22 PM cherylw94031594 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU FOR THIS POST!

You turned my frown upside down!

This provided a quick fix that solved my problem as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines