I just installed Mac OS Mojave and now my Photo Shop Elements 12 crashes on opening.
Does anyone know why and/or how I can fix it?
merci merci!!! I'm so happy to have this problem solved so easily!
I did exactly what they recommended and everything is OK now! Even the apple care didn't find anything to fix the problem. It works perfectly on my IMac.
Thank you Sherylw !!
Thanks for an easy solution. Worked for me.
Thank you so much! It took me forever to find an answer to my issue and thanks to your link it is fixed!
Thanks- it's solved it for me
Thanks for posting in Adobe forums.
It seems you are facing issue with spinning wheel in Adobe Photoshop Elements after upgrading Mac OS.
Could you please try the following steps :
• Click Apple icon >> System Preferences
• Security and privacy >> Click on the lock to unlock it then enter the administrator password >> Enable (check the radio button) the Photoshop Elements 2019 editor and Elements Organizer 2019 that appear in the list.
• Click on the lock again to lock it.
• Restart Mac
Hope this helps
I did this is did NOT solve my problem, neither has tech support. I am 5 chat's into this .
Thank you for this - the solution has saved me a lot of anxiety - and cash!
Thank you! Thanks to your instructions PhotoShop Elements now works on my iMac.
Potentially 1 year, yes. You need to budget for this.
You purchased Photoshop Elements 19 and it still didn't solve it?
Purchasing Photo Shop elements 2019 SOLVED my problem.
I tried everything that has been suggested to fix my PhotoShop elements
2012 and nothing worked which is why I had to purchase PSE 2019!
[Signature removed by Moderator.]
Solved: The following link https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/open-apps-wont-work-mojave-photoshop-3684425/
solved the Problem.
SystemSettings / Security / Accessibility / Security / Add PhotoShop Elements
Sorry I have a German Mac, so on your Mac it may look different.
you've solved my problem - the biggest thanks ever!!!!
This was awesome!!! I'm on Photoshop Elements 12 and trying to avoid upgrading to 19 even though I want to but just now now. This solved my issue as well. PE12 is no longer crashing when I try to edit photos.
I installed Elements 2019 but could not use it on my Mac with Mojave. I did what was suggested here. I went to Preferences / Security & Privacy / Privacy / unlock changes / Accessibility / add + Adobe photoshop folder then checked box / Checked also Adobe Elements. Click lock to close make changes. Come out of Preferences. Close Elements if open. Restart your Mac. I got this from djayadobe 29 October 2018 and, I may have his name spelt wrong, sorry, Tranberry on the same page, IT WORKS!!! Thank you very much Adobe.
Could you talk me through the steps one at a time as I am not particularly computer literate but have issues with the "spinning wheel" in elements 2019 after updating to Mojave?
I get as far as the unlock changes and then going to "Accessibility" but then get lost, how and where do I add the Photoshop folders and check the boxes?
Many thanks in advance and this is really frustrating me now.
sim6827 following are step by steps instructions to fix your elements 2019 problem:
1. Click on the little apple on your MAC in the top left corner of your desktop (screen) go to SYSTEM PREFERENCES
2. Click on SECURITY & PRIVACY
3. Click on PRIVACY
4. Click on the lock in the bottom left hand corner of the Privacy window
5. Enter your Username and Password to unlock the lock
6. Click on ACCESSIBILITY
7. In the space where the top reads: "Allow the apps below to control your computer", click to put a checkmark next to ADOBE PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS 2019
8. ALSO - Click to put a check mark next to ADOBE PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS EDITOR
9. Now go back to the lock in the bottom left-hand corner and click to close it
10. Close your Security and Privacy window by clicking on the red dot at the top left corner of the window.
11. If Elements is open you need to close it at this time and then restart your Mac.
I hope this helps.
Could be the security system.
Thank you!! That worked!!
Same problem - & this fix worked for me too! Thank you!!
After adding "Photoshop Elements 12" to Accessability in the Security & Privicy
I still had the same problem on Cataline 10.15.3.
I then added Full Disk Access to Photoshop Elements 12 Editor (simular instructions to above)
I have tried all soltuions and have found nothing to work.