• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pictures load into albums but not into organizer

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pictures will load into my collection but do not then go into organizer.  I am using Adobe Photoshop Elements 14,

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , I've moved your post from the Photoshop forum to the Photoshop Elements forum where you are more likely to get help with your issue.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not understand. I assume you are downloading in the organizer by using either the import button or the menu File >> Get Photos and videos with the second option: from camera or card reader / From files and folders.

Which of those options are you using?

The files never 'go to organizer' which is mainly a catalog storing links to the real location of the photo files on your drive.

When importing from camera or card reader, the downloader copies your files to the drive, then creates a record in the catalog for the link to the location on the drive. When importing from files or folders, no need to copy the files, they are already there, so the organizer only creates the links.

You say the files load into albums (or collections) but if you see them, that means the impot has been successful.

Could you give more details about what you are expecting?

I also suggest to have a look at the online help to get a better understanding of how a catalog works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines