• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Places feature is very slow

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to 2020 from 2018. The Places feature is very slow. It takes between 1-2 minutes to fill the map screen and populate the photos. Here's a screen shot. I presume the program has to download the mapbox feature, but the real delay appears to be in populating the pics. I've turned off media analysis and face recognition and that has improved performance a bit. I'm on the latest WIN10 with 8GB RAM. I didn't use the Places feature much in 2018, so this is a bit of a disappointment.

Annotation 2020-01-27 181930.jpg

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm! I just recently installed PSE 2020 on my Desktop and laptop PCs. I had not tried the places feature yet but when I saw your post, I thought I'd better check it out.

I do NOT have a performance problem with the Places map population! I am also using Win 10, but I've got 32 GB mem in both PCs. It only takes a second or two to populate the map. And, I've NOT disabled any features like media analysis and face recognition (except for videos). I also only have about 8,000 photos in my catalog and many of them do not have geolocation data.

Maybe adding some memory to your PC would help.

Walter

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Walter. I only have 8g RAM but 35000 photos about half with geotags.
I’ll see how I go. Might get me some more RAM if it persists.

--

Philip Hunt, Mordialloc, Victoria, Australia

Of the best leaders they say, We did it ourselves.
www.philiphunt.com
[image: LinkedIn] [image: Facebook]
[image: Blogger]
[image: Twitter]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines