• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Places (map view) in Elements 2018?

Contributor ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a preference setting in Elements 2018 to get a closer default map view? When I switch to Places view from Media the Map is about half of the Earth. I also have Lightroom and when I go into Map view there the default view is much smaller (perhaps a one square mile view). I like the Places mode when reviewing photos that are geo-tagged from vacations and such but would like the initial view to be a little tighter.  Is this possible?  Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the plus/minus buttons working (bottom right)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they work. I was trying to get a tighter view as a default however.  If I select a photo that has gps info and then click Places a view of the world comes up.  Is there a way to reduce the view in Elements?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think once you have zoomed in to an appropriate scale it is generally sticky while in the application. So you can switch between places & media to choose additional items and the map should stay proportionate. But as soon as you close Organizer it will default back to the world view the next time you launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines