• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playing videos imported from iPhone

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently running Photoshop Elements 2018 on my PC, with OS Windows 10 version 1903 . When loading video (.mov) generated with my Apple iPhone XS, I seem unable to play this video from inside Elements Organizer. What could be the problem? The video files are beautifully played when opened on the desktop, using different media players.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support on Windows 10 was added to the latest version just released. You can try free for 30 days before purchasing an upgrade.

What’s New in Elements 2020

Install PSE 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your respons. However, I am somewhat confused. All videos except those imported from my iPhone XS, including videos imported from other iPhones like iPhone 7, seem to play well from inside Elements Organizer working in a Windows 10 environment. Wouldn't that indicate that the iPhone video files were causing the problem rather than the lack of Windows10 support in Photoshop Elements 2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are shooting 4K on the XS then the High Efficiency format will be used by default. The older phone may be recording in H.264

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again. I am beginning to see the problem. However, I am shooting 1080p HD at 30 bps, and I thought that would be handled in codec H264. That might not be true? And now concerning the new Photoshop Elements 2020. Does that update include support for HEIC and H.265 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it’s working for me when importing to W10 by connecting my iPhone with a USB cable. On the phone go to Settings >> Photos. In the TRANSFER TO MAC OR PC section, tap Keep Originals to prevent the media from being converted to JPEG or H.264 when importing. Why not install the free trial to test for yourself using my link above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to download the 30 days free trial, using your link above as well as other different links, on several occasions. All unsuccsessful. When I press the download button nothing happens.  I don't seem to have a problem with other downloads. Is there any idea what reason could be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you downloaded the light weight installer?

The high efficiency captures maybe another issue. I have no problem importing into PSE 2020 from my iPhone 8+ but several people have reported problems with iPhone X and 11. You may need to install codecs from Microsoft.

Let us know if you get the trial successfully installed after trying the light weight installer from my link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is I can't find a lightweight installer link. I have tried your link of October 14 (Install PSE 2020). That link takes me to the  Adobe Elements trial download page. And when pushing the download button nothing happens!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your link worked very well. Easy download and installation. And Elements 2020 handles HEVC an HEIC beautifully in my Windows 10 installation. Thank you very much for your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines