• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

please wait while catalog is being loaded

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using photoshop elements 2020 version 18. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it but it never finishes "please wait while catalog is being loaded. " If I can't repair it how do I delete/reinitialize the catalog?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

What OS are you using?

Has the catalog ever loaded in Elements 2020?  Have you used a prior version?  If so, the catalog is being converted for use in the later version.  This can take a long time, particularly if you have a large catalog.  So, perhaps be more patient for the initial conversion to take place.  Even leave the machine running overnight. 

If that is not the problem, press shift when clicking on the Organizer icon.  That will bring up the Manage Catalogs dialog.  You can then re

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add the message shows up when clicking on the Organizer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using?

Has the catalog ever loaded in Elements 2020?  Have you used a prior version?  If so, the catalog is being converted for use in the later version.  This can take a long time, particularly if you have a large catalog.  So, perhaps be more patient for the initial conversion to take place.  Even leave the machine running overnight. 

If that is not the problem, press shift when clicking on the Organizer icon.  That will bring up the Manage Catalogs dialog.  You can then repair and optimize an existing catalog, create a new catalog (for further trouble-shooting), or convert an existing older version catalog again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm on a Mac. The press shift option was the way to go as it was still stuck overnight and my catalog isn't that big. There were a few files it could no longer find, maybe it was time-spinning looking for them but I simply deleted them from the catalog. It's working now. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines