• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plug-in installation problem

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After having used the demo version of Lasersoft SRDx plug-in with Photoshop Elements 2021 I bought this plug-in for further use. No problems sofar. In the menu structure it shows up under the menu Filter. When choosing SRDx in the pull down menu as the latest used filter the plug-in bombed out completely and it refuses to be reinstalled alltogehter. It fails to show up in the menustructure so that I cannot enter my registration data to authorize use.

Has anybody encountered this or a similar problem and maybe have a solution?

TOPICS
Download and install , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the plug-in file (SRDx.8bf) still exist in the following folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Plug-ins?

How did you try to uninstall the plug-in?  Did you use the Control Panel?

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.05.16_13h41m22s_001_.png

What happened when you tried to reinstall?  Without knowing more about what you have done, it seems that any uninstall/reinstall problem belongs to the plug-in manufacturer and you should contact them for advice.  (I just installed the demo version and had no problems with it on a quick test.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The SRDx.8bf never was in the folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Plug-ins? Even no Plug-ins folder.

When installing SRDx the default installing folder is <C: Program Files\Lasersoft Imaging>. There the SRDx.8bf is found within the folder named <Photoshop SRDx Plug-in> from which folder I have used the Uninstall SRDx.exe file

When installing the plug-in I both tried as Administrator and not as Administrator. All in vain. It doggedly refuses to show up in the menustructure.

In the meantime I have contacted the manufacturer. See what they can come up with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to my previoius post: I am working with Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After a lot of tinkering around I could get the SRDx plug-in to work happily away by pasting the SRDx.8bf file in the Filters folder of Photoshop following the path: 

C: > Program Files > Adobe > Photoshop Elements 2021 > Required > Plug-ins > Filters > SRDx.8bf 

In case anybody else might encounter installation problems via the Lasersoft download, give this a go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines