• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plugins

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to install plugins into PSE 2018? I can install one plugin at a time using Photo Edit's preferences menu by selecting Plugins and then Choose. Trouble is this action only lets me use one plugin at a time. I need to install and keep several plugins. If this question has already been answered, please let me know where to find it. Many thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

It's not a "cloud" program, but a program from the Microsoft store.

Here's how to uninstall Microsoft store apps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028003/windows-10-uninstall-apps-and-programs

If you want a version of photoshop elements that is easier to install plugins, you want the pse 2018 version from adobe.

https://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html?promoid=V2XYKZ3B&mv=other

The problem with apps from the microsoft store is they are "sandboxed" so they are not like regular win

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10. Sorry, should have said earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually one installs the plugins using the installer that came with the plugin to the pse 2018 plugins folder at

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2018\Plug-Ins

Other ways are to copy the relevant plugins from your earlier version of photoshop elements to the pse 208 plugins folder

or

create a shortcut to where the other plugins are and place the shortcut in the pse 2018 plugins folder.

One thing to keep in mind is that pse 2018 requires 64 bit plugins and most likely won't work with plugins from 32 bit pse versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I truly appreciate your help. However, the problem is there is no Adobe folder in the Programs file and, consequently, there is no plugins folder because there's no Photoshop Elements folder. The problem may lie in the fact that I download PSE 2018 via the Microsoft site, instead of the Adobe site. As for the plugins installing when I downloaded them, they didn't install probably because of the lack of a plugins folder or something like that. At the moment, I've gone back to PSE 15, where all the plugins work fine. It's a pity that I paid good money for PSE 2018 from the MS store site. If anyone has any ideas about how I can start over with PSE 2018 without having to buy it again, I'd appreciate it. I need to figure out a way to get an Adobe folder in the Programs folder with PSE 2018 stuff in there. So far, no idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you copy all the plugins you want to use to a central folder and then point pse 2018 to that folder?

The folder doesn't have to be in Program Files, but can be anywhere like your Documents folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good suggestion, Jeff. I think I tried it earlier, but I got tired of fooling with it and went back to PSE 15. Hey, I've got work to do. However, I'll give it a try - maybe in a day or two - and let you know what happens. Many thanks for the idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

No, your central folder suggestion doesn't work. The trouble is, I think, is that I'm working with PSE 2018 from the cloud. Consequently, I can't figure out (1) how to get plugins to work, nor (2) can I figure out how to uninstall PSE 2018 in order to download a version that is not in the cloud. Interesting problem to a Luddite like me, who simply wants to stick with what's familiar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a "cloud" program, but a program from the Microsoft store.

Here's how to uninstall Microsoft store apps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028003/windows-10-uninstall-apps-and-programs

If you want a version of photoshop elements that is easier to install plugins, you want the pse 2018 version from adobe.

https://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html?promoid=V2XYKZ3B&mv=other

The problem with apps from the microsoft store is they are "sandboxed" so they are not like regular windows programs, where one has access to them.

https://www.howtogeek.com/243559/why-desktop-apps-arent-available-in-the-windows-store-yet/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jeff, for your input. I wondered what the heck was going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that if you create a PlugIns folder then even the MS Store Photoshop App recognises the plugins.

I used : C:\Program Files\Adobe\[Photoshop Version here]\Plug-ins\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting.

What version of photoshop elements from the Microsoft App Store have you gotten that to work with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get your problem resolved? I am having the same problem. I have PSE 2020 from Adobe. I have multiple Topaz products with PSE plugin support for PSE. However I find I can only install one plugin at a time. In Edit>Preferences->Plug-ins I can only add a single additional folder. I can add the folder for, say, Topaz Sharpener, but then when I try to add the folder for Topaz Mask, I overwrite the foler for Topaz Sharpener. One or the other works alone, but I can't get both folders recognized by PSE at the same time. By the way, the Topaz plugin folders are in two different Topaz folders. They are not in the Adobe plugin folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mark,

I also have PSE 2020. I do not have Topaz, but I have purchased several "plug-ins" from a few different sources. I have never tried to install a plug-in via the Edit>Preferences->Plug-ins route. Each and every one of them came as a Windows EXE file that I ran outside of Elements to install the plug-in. They all work perfectly in Elements when I select any one of them from the Elements menus. Most of these plug-ins have their files in folders that are outside of the Adobe file structure.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. For Topaz products, there is a PS_Plugins_x64 folder in each of their Windows 10 installed folders. Inside are two or three files with a .8li or 8bf extension. There are no .exe extensions. So, I know of no way to install these plugins outside of PSE 2020 itself, and then, like I said, I can have only one plugin installed at any one time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solved, sort of. There ought to be an easier way. What I did was create a new folder. I copied into that folder all the files with .8li and .8bf extersions for the various Topaz products I own. Once I had all the plugin files in one folder, I used PSE 2020 Edit>Preferences->Plug-ins and specified my new folder for that. Exiting and restarting PSE 2020 and all the plugins were available. If anyone knows a direct way to do this, instead of what I consider my roundabout way, I'd be interested. But my problem is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines