• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Poster printing

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a new user of Photoshop Elements and I need help tp print a 19" x 12" image using 8.5 x 11 tiles. Aftee spending many hours researching I could not find an amswer to my question. Any help on the matter will be greatly appreciated.

Moe

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that the image at 19x12" will not fit on 8.5x11 background (tile). Even the aspect ratios are not in alignment.

If you are so inclined, please post a representative picture file for us to look at. You can do that via the Insert Photos icon at the top of the reply box here on the forum; however, you can not do it via email reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me. What I'm trying to do is
print the full size picture using 8.5 x 11 tiles.

Moe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moe,

I fail to comprehend how a 19x12" (physical size) picture  can be expected fit on an 8.5x11" canvas. 

You can crop the picture to 8.5x11". Then it will fit, but you will lose some information. 

You can also try to resize the picture with resampling via Image>Resize>Image size.

Tell us more about the tile - - perhaps that will help me to better understand the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never said that I try to fit a 19 x 12 picture ( actual picture size) in
a 8.5 x 11 paper. I want to split the image into 4 tiles each 8.5 x 11 that
can be assembled into a larger picture. This can be done with other
programs and I wanted to know if it can be done with Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moe, you said:  I need help to print a 19" x 12" image using 8.5 x 11 tiles. 

You now say you want to fit a 19x12 actual size image into four 8.5x11 prints. 

Your numbers don't make sense.  If you were to tape four letter-size pages together, you would end up with a poster that is 17x22 inches.  Since the dimensions of your original image of 19x12 is not the same aspect ratio as your printed page, something is going to be cut off unless you are using some kind of border around the edges. 

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.01.26_00h38m35s_003_.png

So, while it would be possible to use Elements to crop an appropriate image into 4 rectangle documents that could then be printed on US letter-sized paper and pasted together, I'm not sure whether this is going to work for you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why bother?  I just take my images like that (bigger than 8.5. x 11) on a thumb drive to a local print place hand have them print it up for me at the size-- which would cost me about 60 cents... I save tons of time by doing that. 

The suggestion by Greg S is about the only way you can do it- and it's going to produce poor looking results regardless of how careful you are cuttiing things. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out "Adoibe reader" cand do it.  save the image as a pdf first.

Print posters and banners using Acrobat or Reader (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, to answer the OP's question, Elements can't do that (although it can save an image as a PDF).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much.

Moe Bursztein

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You live and learn.  In helping another user with a printer problem, I discovered that both my Epson and HP printers can print posters in various configurations.  So, it seems to me that Elements should be able to use the printer's capability to do so.  It will be necessary to go into the Page Setup dialog and enable the poster printing in the Printer's driver dialog. 

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.01.28_15h50m46s_021_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines