• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Elements 2018 - app is not optimized for your Mac and needs to be updated

New Here ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

every time I open Photoshop Elements Editor or Organizer I get this warning on my Mac. "App is not optimized for your Mac and needs to be updated. There are no updates out there. I just purchased tPremier Elements 2018 about a year ago. What do I need to do to get the update I need so it wont stop working?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

This is nothing to worry about. It's Apple saying your software won't work on operating systems after Mojave. It's all in Adobe's hands for future versions of Elements on future macOS operating systems.

Elements is 64 bit but some components are still 32 bit which is triggering the warning.

Full details: 32-Bit Apps 'Not Optimized for Your Mac' to Stop Working After macOS Mojave - MacRumors

Carry on as you are. No action is required. Your software will continue to work on Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without know more about what you have, my guess is you might have the 32 bit version installed on a 64 bit machine.   Having not done this myself, I think an unitstall followed by a reinstall will fix it. 

Assuming you saved the serial number, you can get a fresh installation file here:  Download Adobe Premiere Elements | 2019, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is nothing to worry about. It's Apple saying your software won't work on operating systems after Mojave. It's all in Adobe's hands for future versions of Elements on future macOS operating systems.

Elements is 64 bit but some components are still 32 bit which is triggering the warning.

Full details: 32-Bit Apps 'Not Optimized for Your Mac' to Stop Working After macOS Mojave - MacRumors

Carry on as you are. No action is required. Your software will continue to work on Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines