• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preparing File For Playback

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Playback of video file is slow through PSE 19 Organizer.  When I click on the awi file with windows explorer it runs fine.  But, when I select the same file with PSE orgainizer, it first goes through a lengthy process of "Preparing file for playback".   What is wrong?

TOPICS
Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you are referring to an .avi file?  How large/long are the videos?

I agree with you that playback of video in the Organizer can be very slow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, these are all .avi files.

There are two classes; compressed and raw.  The compressed are around 5m, the raw are 10 - 21m.

Both classes run real slow when selected by the organizer.  However, when selected using Windows Explorer, they run fine. 

So, what is the advantage of using Photoshop Element Organizer for videos, if it runs to slow to be more practical then just using windows explorer??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will the perfomance of Organizer for .avi files be upgraded?

Currently, it is not practical to use.

Thanks.....Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that all video playback performance is poor in the Organizer and should be improved.  I don't think there has been any difference with Elements 2020.  But we can live in hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A related issue, is that once the .avi video has been selected and it goes into the Preparing for Playback routine, you can NOT exit out of it.  Not even by xing out of Organizer.  You have to wait for it to complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines