• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print List of Tags in Photoshop 2021

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas on how to print out a list of assigned tags used in photoshop 2021?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jamesC10405 

You can export the Keyword tags into an XML file which you can then use for printing.

Export keyword tags

You can save your current set of keyword tags, including the entire hierarchy of categories and subcategories in your Keyword Tags panel and the tag icons, so that you can share it with someone else. The exported tags file is saved as an XML (Extensible Markup Language) file.

Please let me know in case there are further queries.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jamesC10405 

Any ideas on how to print out a list of assigned tags used in photoshop 2021?

I see two different questions:

- How to print a list

- How to select 'assigned' tags from 'created' tags.

What is described by @arshla jindal is the way to save the tags in a text file for use in other catalogs, but you'll see the xml result is not really useable or printable.

I suspect what could be expected is what John R Ellis did offer in his old psedbtool program (last supported version PSE8).

https://johnrellis.com/psedbtool/#_Extracting_Catalog_Contents.

I don't believe Adobe or third party programmers will ever offer such a feature.

So, while you can save the tags, the only way to see them is to display them from the organizer keywords panels. Remember that the tags are not always 'assigned' to photo files. There is no way that I know of to find tags which have not been assigned to media files. That would be a very useful tool to get rid of non useful tags in a big catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks. I appreciate your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines