• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing a custom sized canvas from Elements 2020

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I designed my custom sized notecard 6.25 x 9.25 by creating a custom sized canvas in Photoshop Elements 2020.

However after completing the project and merging the layers, when I went to "print" the notecard on my pre-ordered cardstock 6.25 x 9.25, Elements does not give me an option for paper size "custom"?????  Only for a bunch of paper sizes that are not the size I need.

Now what do I do? 

Does this need to be a feature request for Elements 2020?

TOPICS
Bug , Creative , Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

In the Print dialog under More Options you should see Custom Print Size

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mojave on iMac..and Canon TS8320 printer..

Print driver does not allow for custom sizes under "paper size" only under "print size" (under page set up)..

It's convoluted and doable..sort of..but always defaults to poor options..so difficulat to be consistent..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeff..... the question related to custom PAPER size, not print size

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a problem that may have more to do with your printer driver.  It can be quite complex and confusing.   If you go into the printer's preferences via your OS, are you able to create a custom paper size? In Windows 10:

• Go to Settings>Devices> Printers and Scanner
  • Choose your printer
  • Click the Manage button
  • Select Printer Properties
  • Select Preferences

For my HP printer driver, I then did the following:

• Select the Features tab
  • Selelect Custom in the Paper Size Options
  • Create a name for the option
  • Enter the paper size
  • Click Save and OK

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.01.19_01h09m08s_002_.png

Back in the Elements Print dialog, I was able to choose my custom saved paper option in the Select Paper Size dropdown.  I then chose Custom in the Select Print Size option which opened up a new dialog.  Here, I selected Scale to Fit Media, then Apply and OK.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.01.19_01h18m01s_003_.png

Whew!!!  Depending on your OS and printer make and model, your mileage may vary. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Yes. New printers and systems and software and drivers have one million unnecessary options and have lost the old reliable cconsistent ones.

I'm using Mojave on iMac OS10.14. And Canon TS8320.

Had to change to new computer and printer when old reliable Canon MG6120 gave me the Error 5800 message (your printer still works but we can't fix the error message so buy a new printer and no we don't have any more compatible with your awesome iMac with Snow Leopard OX10.6.8.)

So working through new systems.

Wish all computers, systems, software, drivers were more friendly toward custom paper sizes and home printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After much frustraion, I finally figured out that if I choose the 'network' version of my printer, then I have all the custom options.

Open print screen in your PS Elements document.

Under 'select printer' choose the network version of your printer.

Under 'page setup' set the custom size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines