Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing directly onto a printable DVD/CD

Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just started using Photoshop Elements 2018 on a Mac running MacOS High Sierra.

My printer is a Canon TS8050 with the facility to print directly onto printable DVDs.

I have found the facility to print CD/DVD labels in Photoshop Elements but try as I may I cannot find a way to print straight onto a DVD loaded into my printer.

Has anybody mastered a way to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Hi.

I found the problem.

I never noticed, or took notice of the fact, that when printing, the print dialog box shows the Printer as a 'TS8000 series' printer BUT that can also be changed to a 'TS8000 series 2'.

Having done that it is then just a matter of going through the set up and selecting Disc tray M as the paper size and then following the prompts to printable discs and the disc tray.

Thanks to those that offered help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you try to print?

Did you choose the DVD tray in printer properties?

Is your printer driver up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.

What happens when you try to print?

I go through the various stages of printing but the only options I get are to print on paper media not DVDs.

Did you choose the DVD tray in printer properties?

That facility does not exist.

Is your printer driver up to date?

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I found the problem.

I never noticed, or took notice of the fact, that when printing, the print dialog box shows the Printer as a 'TS8000 series' printer BUT that can also be changed to a 'TS8000 series 2'.

Having done that it is then just a matter of going through the set up and selecting Disc tray M as the paper size and then following the prompts to printable discs and the disc tray.

Thanks to those that offered help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I am atempting cd/dvd printing on epson p600 through photoshop cc. Cannot find how to set the printer profile set to cd/dvd. Ive done it before and having trouoble doing it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines