Printing from elements 8 has stopped

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never had a problem printing despite older tech.  I'm using elements 8 on Windows Vista and a Canon printer.  I am able to print from any other application.  I have not added any new programs, etc. I would appreciate help.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Printing from elements 8 has stopped

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never had a problem printing despite older tech.  I'm using elements 8 on Windows Vista and a Canon printer.  I am able to print from any other application.  I have not added any new programs, etc. I would appreciate help.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 25, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences file. Immediately after launching the program, press Alt+Shift+Ctrl. A message should pop up asking if you want to delete the Settings file. Answer OK.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 25, 2019 0
DocRW LATEST
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried your suggestion but no pop up appeared. The error message is “ you
need to install a printer” which obviously is done since it prints fine
with other applications. Any other suggestions?
--
Randall Wolthuis, Ph.D
Licensed Psychologist
Psychiatric Associates of West Michigan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2020 0